24.5.05

Blah Blah Blah Top 100

It's been noted elsewhere that Time critics Corliss and Schickel have compiled a Top 100 film list. I started out with some respect for a list that includes The Legend of Drunken Master and Kind Hearts and Coronets but as I scanned the list and realized that there's no Andrzej Wajda or Andrei Tarkovskii I started wondering what these fellows were on while compiling their list. Since the greatest pleasure of other people putting together best-of lists is calling bullshit, I call bullshit It's fun because I get to call it on all North American critics because they always leave out my personal favourite, Aleksandr Dovzhenko.

In other film news, according to the Masters of Cinema website, the British Film Institute will be releasing at the end of 2005/beginning of 2006 a seven-DVD, twenty-hour box set called Unseen Cinema: Early American Avant-Garde Film. Woohoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home