18.5.05

Filed under "No Shit, Sherlock"

Many of the reactions to Belinda Stronach's crossing the floor were sexist.

Ptichka and I watched the news tonight to see the degree to which Stevie is digging his own grave and there were man on the street interviews in Stronach's riding about her decision to become a Liberal MP. All of the women interviewed took her reasons at face value and said that as long as she's acting in the best interest of the riding, they were happy. All of the men, however, spewed forth some disturbing "uppity woman" crap. All in all, a disturbing confirmation of gender stereotypes.

I'd be of two minds if my MP switched sides mid-term provided I liked my MP's first party affiliation better than the second one but cripes, boys, couch your disappointment in non-sexist terms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home