21.4.05

I Was Right

The assumed rejection became official today. I'm bummed because no one likes to be told that they're not good enough and I'm tempted to take the rest of the day off to make ATCs and carve lino blocks...BUT I need to get the dissertation done so that I can get on with it, whatever it may be. The job postings in my field have been dwindling since I started graduate school and now that I refuse to take a job in the US because I could only bring my wife in as a student, which means that we're faced with the same problem of "what next?" several years later, the pickings are even slimmer. So, while I compile that dossier for whatever may come up in my field next year, I suppose that I should start looking ay other jobs. The thing is, I've been so focused on academia for so long, I don't even know what else is out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home