10.11.04

Looking Up?

The carrel monitor is making her rounds. She just stopped in and asked me how many books I had signed out to my carrel. The answer? Zero. She looked around quizzically, marked zero on the form, and walked away. I have a fair number of books in my carrel but they are not library books. They're the accumulation of bringing random books to campus to lend out. She just carried two books out of a carrel down the row. I'm hoping that some less scrupulous grad student currently has those magical and missing volumes of Literary Heritage in his or her carrel, along with the book about Lermontov in the visual arts, and the collection of Burian essays and that the monitor will find them and remove them. I may just go check out the stacks tomorrow. -Zh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home