7.3.04

This weekend, K. and I saw Sofia Coppola's Lost in Translation, which we liked, but which is rapidly disappearing from my memory (I can't speak for K.) and Aleksandr Sokurov's latest film Father and Son, with which I am still grappling and about which I am determined to say something intelligent. The intelligent bit will come later (I hope), but for those of you in Toronto, the Cinemathque Ontario is playing it one last time this Tuesday. You should go see it and let me know if you can come up with something intelligent about it. I'll probably still be pondering it come Wednesday morning. And if anyone can tell me to which Tarkovskii film Sokurov is alluding with the numerous staticky radios, I would appreciate it. I want to say Stalker, but I just don't know. -Zh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home