17.3.04

Library 5; Zh. 1

1. Foster, which is the bibliography for Russian émigré literature, which is, in turn, a sad statement on the bibliographic resources for émigré literature, has yet to be re-shelved. It was last used last Thursday. Point: Library.

2. All volumes of Vestnik RSKhD (The Herald of the Russian Christian Students' Movement) are missing. Where the journal should be there is an empty shelf. Literally. Point: Library.

3. The library only subscribed to the journal Vozrozhdenie (The Rebirth), not to the newspaper. I need the newspaper. Point: Library.

4. I have to take an elevator in order to get to my carrel and to leave the library. So does the rest of the student population. Stairs are not an option. Point: Library.

5. There are a decade's worth of Sovremmenye zapiski (Contemporary Notes) currently sitting illegally in my carrel. I don't want to guess at how long it would take them to be re-shelved since they are currently on the 12th floor, although they normally live on the 9th. Point: me.

6. The Ukazatel’ periodicheskikh izdanii emigratsii iz Rossii i SSSR za 1919-1952 g.g. (Index of Periodical Publications of Émigrés from Russia and the USSR, 1919-1952) is missing and I've had to order it through ILL. Point: Library.

Final score: Library 5; me 1. Do I at least get a plant for my carrel for coming in second? -Zh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home