5.8.05

Everyone left for Manitoba a few hours ago and I've been doing laundry, wandering around the house, and wondering what to do now. It feels odd to go from having four people on the go to only having me lazing about. I had decided to clean my office today but that hasn't happened yet. Later this afternoon? Tonight? I'm not quite sure. My papers and notes could use some organization, however.

I've also been thinking about what to eat this week. I should definitely take advantage of this weekend's weather to turn on the stove and the oven. A double batch of banana muffins, some zucchini bread, some rice to freeze and eat with steamed vegetables when the nights stop cooling down. After a week of heavier eating than normal, I'd really just like some Greek salad and bread. Maybe this will be a week of bean dips, although Ptichka suggested I try my hand at some crazy beef recipe. I must admit, I'm also tempted to try something prepared. I haven't eaten prepared food in years. Or maybe I'll make the pork chops Ptichka made earlier this week. Mmmmm....everyone called it pork candy. It was like eating a lemon drop and pig together. It sounds nasty, but I dare you to try the recipe and not love it:

Tangy Glazed Pork Chops (from Canadian Living)
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint or basil
1 tsp grated lemon rind
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp pomegranante molasses or syrup (Ptichka used the molasses)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp granulated sugar
1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes
4 pork chop loins

Combine everything in whatever dish you'd like to marinate in. Add pork chops. Turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes (or up to four hours)

Cook pork chops on the grill over medium-high heat, turning once. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until juices run clear when pork is pierced.

Eat. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home