8.3.05

I Still Have Only One Question

Wolf Angel links to an entry in a Conservative MP's blog on how same-sex marriage is not a fundamental right. Even though I'm gay, I'm willing to admit that the Charter of Rights and Freedoms doesn't make same-sex marriage a fundamental right. In fact, it doesn't make heterosexual marriage a fundamental right. It does, however, guarantee equality before the law. As my wonderful wife so eloquently stated this morning, "It's not the right to marry that's protected by the Charter! It's the right to equality! Therefore, anything straight people are allowed to do, gay people are also allowed to do!"

So then, my one question: "How does not allowing homosexuals to legally marry a partner of their choosing just like heterosexuals do constitute equality before the law?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home