5.4.04

Library: 1; Zh.: 0

Perhaps the library merits two points today as I didn't even make it to the main campus library and it still got me. Instead of cloistering myself in my carrel, I spent several hours in a small, windowless, smelly room that passes for a computer lab at one of the college libraries. Digression: Never guest edit a web-based publication whose webmaster is 1. not paid and 2. afraid of Apples. There are a bunch of other things I could say about this particular webmaster but they're just plain mean, albeit accurate. Before I left this particular library, I decided to check out a book for my dissertation: Cultural Capital: The Problem of Literary Canon Formation, which I determined to be only marginally useful on the bus ride home. Unlike the main library, you have to deal with an actual human being at the college libraries. The particular human being with whom I dealt reminded me about my twenty dollars worth of fines and the fact that only I had four dollars more leeway before my borrowing privileges were suspended. Sigh. I am ashamed of my fines, their existence is a sign that I am more irresponsible than I'd like to be. So, I came home and took a nap and now it's late. Stupid library.

In other news, my review of Le fils will be appearing shortly. -Zh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home