11.5.04

Library: 35; Zh.: 0

I haven't updated about the horror that is Robarts Library (visible here) in a while because I was spending most of my library time over at St. Mike's (ugly, but not ugly enough to merit a picture) playing with the Dells. Now I am back at my home base: a tiny room on the 12th floor from which I can see Harbord Street and Queen's Park. Supposedly Robarts was designed for desert conditions, which means that it stays cool while it's hot outside. We've had two 20+ days in a row this week and I am here to attest to the need for AC in here. Inside my carrel it's about 35 degrees and the door has a window, so I can't take off any more articles of clothing. The heat is even more effective in thwarting my research than eating books I need, therefore the library has earned more points in one fell swoop today than it has in the past. Library: 35, in honor of the temperature; Zh.: 0. In light of the fact that I'm stripping, I should probably be in the negative, but no one needs any hints as to my current state of undress. -Zh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home